Sunday 13 March 2011

It's the Final Countdown

Well 2 weeks today it will all be over, and I will hopefully have ran a good 100km and qualified for the Worlds in September.

Since Barry, training has been going well, and this week things couldn't have been better. It's nice when things go to plan and you hit training targets - it gives you confidence that things are on track.

I completed my last long run yesterday - a 20 miler along the Manifold Valley - and really enjoyed it. It was lovely to get out of the city and to breathe in that fresh country air. Then today I did the second leg in the Stafford 20 relays - 6 miles in just over 37 minutes, not bad considering I'd done the long one yesterday.

Things are now starting to wind down, and I guess I need to get mentally prepared for the 100k over the next couple of weeks. I'm really looking forward to it, and just hoping that I can avoid the lurgy and any injuries between now and then.

No comments:

Post a Comment