Monday 2 March 2015

I Do!

Everybody has them - you know, those perfect days where you're so happy and nothing else really matters - last Friday was one of those days, and I feel blessed to have been able to share it with the people I love and care about more than anything.

At the beginning of February, I received the most unexpected text: "I suppose we'd better get married then!" Yes, despite the jokes over the past 18 years of being together, Andy had finally popped the question in the most unromantic style possible, and yet I love him even more for the way he did it! Just 3 weeks later, we eloped to the mountains and were exchanging our wedding vows on the shores of Lake Minnewanka in the Canadian Rockies.

The day really couldn't have been any better - it was a chilly -8 with light snow falling, and the surrounding mountains were shrouded in low cloud and mist, adding an eerie yet mystical beauty to the location. Everything was silent and still as the snow fell softly to the ground, and there was a sense of peace and tranquility as we stood beside the lake, a sense of solitude and being at one with nature which in turn brought a more intense and spiritual meaning to the occasion as we stood facing each other, hand in hand, beneath the mountains towering over the lake. 

We didn't need to be surrounded by all of our friends and family - having each other and having Wilson and Brandy there with us, along with our very special friends Michelle and Glady, sister Nennette and their children Allen and Abby was all that we needed. It made things more intimate, more private, more personal, more special. We were in a public place that has thousands of visitors throughout the year, and yet the few passersby on the day respected our privacy, keeping their distance and observing things from several hundred yards away, whilst we were oblivious to their presence and were entranced by our surroundings, conscious only of our dear friends standing alongside us and witnessing our marriage.

It was a beautiful ceremony - short and basic yet full of meaning, and I know that I will remember the day forever.

I could say more, but to do so would make things too public. I want to cherish the memories of the day and keep them private for the select few to talk about and reflect on in years to come. All that needs to be said is that I love Andrew Smith with all my heart and I'm honoured to be his wife, Wilson and Brandy were absolute diamonds on the day, and real, true, genuine friends like the Malvars and their family are very difficult to find and both Andy and I feel extremely blessed to have them in our lives .

Friday 27th February 2015 was a truly magical and meaningful day and one that I will cherish forever.
Celebrating at Earls - our wedding party :-)

Mr & Mrs Smith :-)

Master Wilson - Page Boy ;-)

Brandy Brampster - maid of honour :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment