Tuesday 20 September 2011

Cruising Along....but will it last?

I'm ashamed to say that the title of this particular entry really is quite poor, but couldn't really think of anything else for this brief update.


I've just got back from a 2 week Mediterranean Cruise, and with the Commonwealth Trail Championships just a mere 5 days away, I'm a little concerned that maybe I shouldn't have enjoyed the food on board quite as much as I did!


The good news is that I kept the training up whilst on board ship, although running on a treadmill in rough (ish) seas was certainly a challenge, and the thought of doing a long run of more than 10 miles really would have driven me loopy. So in the past 3 weeks, the furthest I have ran is just over 13 miles - and I've got to do 30+ on Sunday. I have struggled a little these past few days, and I'm a little concerned that yet again, everything will go pear shaped at the weekend, and I'm going to come away bitterly disappointed. However, it may be my last chance to represent my country for a while as plans for our emigration become full steam ahead over the coming months.


Whatever happens at the Commonwealths, one thing I will be certain of is that I will have given things my best shot, and that's all I can ever do - let's just hope it's enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment